One great way to make your Markham, ON kitchen remodeling project really pop is with a stylish and functional kitchen sink. Trendy kitchen sinks these days are the ideal balance of vintage style and modern innovation, so you can stay on trend while ensuring your sink will be stylish and useful for years to come.
Some trendy kitchen sink options include:
- Soapstone – Soapstone is smooth and stylish, and makes for a great kitchen sink as its nonporous and dense. While its prone to scratches and nicks, it does hold up well to staining, hot water and acids.
- Copper – Metal accents are super trendy right now, and one great way to add a metallic focal point to your kitchen is with a copper sink. Copper sinks look great in all types of kitchens from modern and industrial to classic and country.
- Granite Composite – Granite composite is a less expensive, but still durable, alternative to stainless steel. Granite composite is low maintenance and durable.
- Concrete – Concrete sinks are a great way to go if you want a pre-made or custom sink. You can easily choose a cast-in-place concrete sink for a specific design.
- Native Stone – Native stone is a brand new sink option that combines natural materials and concrete for a more natural, lighter look that doesn’t compromise on durability.
These kitchen sink trends combined with all the common sink options may be overwhelming when making your design choices. However, it’s easy to narrow down your choices by answering a few simple questions:
- How Will I Use My Kitchen? Think about how often you use your kitchen, and the kind of wear and tear it will see on a daily basis. If you have a big family and do lots of cooking, a more durable sink might be a better option.
- What Look Do I Want? Don’t forget to include your personal style in your kitchen sink choice. If you love more simplistic looks, go for a modern, clean sink. But if country or historic is more your style, have fun with a farm sink.
- What’s My Kitchen Remodeling Budget? Budget needs to take priority, as kitchen remodels can get very expensive. Even more budget-friendly sinks made from granite composite and other materials can be stylish and functional, though, so don’t worry about choosing a sink that matches your budget needs. However, if you have more to spend think about splurging on sinks made from copper, sandstone or even custom concrete.
You want your kitchen sink to be stylish and on-trend, but most of all it needs to be functional. By carefully thinking about your options, staying on top of sink trends, and maintaining a clear idea of your kitchen needs, you’re sure to choose the best sink for you and your home.
If you want to learn more about your kitchen sink options, or about kitchen remodeling in Markham, ON in general, Consumer’s Choice Home Reno is here for you. Visit us at 445 Finchdene Square Unit B Scarborough, ON M1X 1B7, Canada, or give us a call at (416) 900-8353.